Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend to Remember

This little note is from Michael to me and the kids. I thought it was pretty sweet! Michael had a hunting trip this Labor Day weekend. He and Phil went up North for archery deer. For the first time, the kids and I went on an overnight without Michael. While they were out, the kids and I went to visit my Aunt Dana and Uncle Jim in Payson. We drove up with my mom, brother and grandma. The trip couldn't have been any better. I have lots to tell and not much time to do it in. First, we got up extra early to take full advantage of the rest of the day. We made it to my grandmas house in Scottsdale by 7:15 and shortly after we were on our way to Payson. My brother wanted to go so bad that he didn't care where he sat and since there was only room in the cargo area, in the trunk he went!
He didn't think that my junk in the trunk joke was too funny, I am sure! And on our way we were! The kids were both ready for a fun filled, no agenda, go with the flow weekend. So was I! Here is Jaycee with Great Grandma Jeans glasses on. Dare Bear wore Great Grandmas sunglasses. We got to Payson around 9:30 in the morning. The kids immediately took over the joint, running around, into everything, playing the day away. It wasn't long before we were at the creek with the kids letting them get wet and play in the water.

The kids had their first horse ride and man did they have a good time. Neither of them were scared in the least which was somewhat of a shock to me. Here are some horse pictures.

It was such a great weekend with the kids and family. The weather was perfect, the sound of the rain was relaxing and everything around us was so green! We will definitely be making another trip before that green turns to white!






















0 comments: