Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sweetest Thing

Jaycee had her first t-ball experience today. I don't think that there is a more ADORABLE thing! Unfortunately Darren and her game overlapped each other, so Jay and I went to hers while Michael stayed with Darren to finish his. There were tons of kids at Jaycee's today. Of course, I pushed my way through to get her to the front! ha ha. She learned to kneel down and ground the ball, stand up and throw back to me, then bat and run the bases. She did so good! Especially when you compare it to the soccer experiences! She hit the ball all by her self like a big girl, head swallowed up by the helmet and all. She ran each base like she was supposed to and didn't even make me carry her or put up a fight. Michael got to see it all, sitting on the sidelines with Darren. I was so happy he did as he has missed all the other ones due to Darren's games and working on the weekends! Once we rounded 3rd and saw the incredible line of 18 month to 2 year olds standing waiting to bat, I decided that since she already got her turn, we were done! She had a lot of fun, got some fresh air and exorcise and learned something new today. For that, I am thankful (and the nap she will take because of it! :) It was the sweetest thing, next to her of course!

0 comments: