Friday, May 1, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup with a Soda on the Side

Where do I start with this one? I started a bad habit about a year ago and I have been paying for it ever since. You see, a while back anytime that a song came on the radio that I liked I would say "This is MY song!" And I would turn up the radio. The emphasis on the "my" was simply done for instructional purposes. Eventually Darren caught on to this and EVERY song became his. Now that was a long time ago but there is a valid reason why I bring it up. Every morning and every afternoon when I bring the kids anywhere, both Darren and Jaycee fight over whose song is playing on the radio. It has even gotten to the point where Darren negotiates with Jaycee and tells her she is only allowed to sing girl songs and he the boy songs. Depending on which station we are listening to, one of them is always sadly disappointed. They have also both determined that when it is "their" song, no one is allowed to dance to it or even so much as bob their head. Irritating, I know! Its a constant battle that I wish had never started. Shame on me for claiming a song, right? And know how is my title even relevant to this topic, you ask? Well, Michael got the kids happy meals last night for dinner. In the happy meal the "toy" was a lame CD. Kidz Bop, that is. And let me forewarn any parents planning on taking their kids to get a happy mean anytime soon, DON'T! Darren begged and begged to listen to his new and first CD. I told him that we would listen to it in the morning on our way to Lisa's house. Jaycee and Darren both got the EXACT same CD, with the EXACT same 5 songs on them, but that just wasn't good enough haha. So what was the first words out of Darren's mouth this morning? You got it! "Are we still listening to my new CD today?" Of course! I wouldn't miss it! Not only did we listen to the thing with both kids dancing like crazy in the back seat, we also listened to Jaycee same CD. Wouldn't you know that in playing all 10 songs we listened for a half an hour, the entire way to Lisa's? So now I find myself at work, dreading the declaration of the "my song" wars between my kids and the fact that I cant get the stupid Kidz Bop song Chicken noodle soup Chicken Chicken noodle soup, Chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side, song out of my mind!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: